Saturday, January 4, 2014

An Enemy Worth Saving

"This includes you who were once far away from God. You were his enemies, separated from him by your evil thoughts and actions. Yet now he has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in his physical body. As a result, he has bought you into his own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault." Colossians 1:21-22

Reconciled... what in the world does reconciled mean? Reconciled means that your relationship has been restored. So when I look at  Colossians 1:21-22 it is telling me that I once was an enemy of God. I was separated from him because of my evil thoughts and actions (which aka means sin), but because of Jesus Christ's perfect sacrifice on the cross my relationship with God has been restored to what it was meant to be before sin entered the world. I now am considered holy, blameless and without fault before God, because when he sees me he sees Jesus.

Now that's something to get excited about! God, the creator of the universe calls me friend. I'm no longer an enemy because I've been saved by the blood of Jesus. I was an enemy worth saving. Why? I have no clue, because it was nothing in and of myself that made God decide to save me.   

Ephesians 2:8-9 states "God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it." I'm so thankful for God's grace, without it I would still be lost and living in darkness. Yet because he loved me the way he does he decided to save me... an enemy, and now I'm considered a friend! Are you a friend of God? If so, rejoice in His goodness and grace for without it you would still be an enemy. 

~ Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment